Realtek HD Audio driver problem - code 39

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hajjinator

hajjinator

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 01:51 AM

I suddenly lost my sound yesterday and when I checked the Device Manager I found that a number of things had driver errors, all code 39. I haven't been able to re-install the driver for any of these devices without the code 39 coming back. (Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39). I have tried all troubleshooting suggestions - all have failed. The devices are Realtek HD Audio, Logitech Easycall desktop (Logitech LX715 wireless desktop), and an HP PSC 2350 all-in-one printer. I can get the printer to work, the wireless keyboard and mouse also work, but the audio shows no playback devices installed. My computer is an HP a630n, 2.8 Ghz P4, 160 GB HD, 2GB RAM, Ati X700 256MB PCI-E Video card. XP Home SP2. Any help appreciated.
Test results: http://www.pcpitstop...XF7SWSK70VSMP3G

Edited by hajjinator, 07 January 2008 - 02:02 AM.

#2 caintry_boy

caintry_boy

Folding for Mama and Daddy

• Moderators
  • 21,395 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:50 AM

Code 39
Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
Recommended resolution

Reasons for this error include a driver that is not present; a binary file that is corrupted; a file I/O problem, or a driver that references an entry point in another binary file that could not be loaded.

Uninstall the driver, and then click Scan for hardware changes to reinstall or upgrade the driver.

On the General Properties tab of the device, click Troubleshoot to start the Troubleshooting Wizard.

Taken from here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310123

:geezer:

Heatware
How To Post A Test
Daniel 5:23 Instead, you have set yourself up against the Lord of heaven. --- You praised the gods of silver and gold, of bronze, iron, wood and stone, which cannot see or hear or understand. But you did not honor the God who holds in his hand your life and all your ways.

#3 hajjinator

hajjinator

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 03:24 PM

Taken from here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310123

:geezer:

Thanks for your input. I have tried the directions found in Article ID : 310123 without sucess. I have tried the suggestions found in the troubleshooter of the properties of the driver in question, still no help. I went to the Realtek website and they suggested that I uninstall the driver from add/remove programs, reboot and reinstall the newest driver. That didn't work either. Today I uninstalled my printer and the wireless keyboard/mouse in an effort to deal with one issue at a time. So far I'm still at square 1. :pullhair:
Any other ideas?

#4 mouse

mouse

Advanced Member

• The SWAT Team
  • 9,331 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 03:48 PM

If you have the HP restore on your system that allows you to reinstall drivers use that to reinstall the sound driver if that doesn't work then you will very likely need to do a complete system restore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users