Ipconfig Doesn't work at all...

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 turkeyidfool

turkeyidfool

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 09:46 PM

Now before you ask, I have already searched the net and the forums and I've come up with nothing. When I'm using the Command Prompt and I type in "Ipconfig" (includes any extiensions after that, such as "/all") or the command "Help" It will say that the command is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable porgram or batch file. Now I don't think that I've deleted anything that would do this and my computer has not been going slow lately or acting up so I'm sure there isn't a virus. I have used the commands before and they worked perfectly. So if someone could help me out I would be verry thankful and I'll post it other places on the net for other people who have the same problem.

:mrgreen: If you need more info go ahead and post it asking for the info. :mrgreen:

#2 hifi

hifi

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 10:01 PM

DO you go to run.type in command then type in Ipconfig or do you type in ipconfig right in the run box? I know simple question but just want to know

#3 turkeyidfool

turkeyidfool

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 06:47 AM

DO you go to run.type in command then type in Ipconfig or do you type in ipconfig right in the run box? I know simple question but just want to know

I go to start>run>cmd> then i type in command.
I have also tried start>all programs>Accessories>Command Prompt> Then type in the command.

And don't worry man 'm not one of those mean people who call you a reatard or noob;et or w/e just because you don't understand. :)

#4 Signman

Signman

Advanced Member

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 07:04 AM

Well, I'll add my simple question too....are you including a space after ipconfig?.......like this
ipconfig /release Try it again with a space included after the word ipconfig.

#5 turkeyidfool

turkeyidfool

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 07:10 AM

Well, I'll add my simple question too....are you including a space after ipconfig?.......like this
ipconfig /release Try it again with a space included after the word ipconfig.

nope didn't work. Im just typing in regular Ipconfig. I think something may be wrong with my computer so ima schedule it to do some stuff while i'm away.

#6 Signman

Signman

Advanced Member

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 02:08 PM

(On XP) Right click My Computer -> Properties. Click on the tab that is labeled Advanced. Click on Environment Variables. Scroll down in the window 'System Variables' until you see 'Path'. The path needs to be like the one below... %SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem

#7 turkeyidfool

turkeyidfool

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 04:14 PM

(On XP) Right click My Computer -> Properties. Click on the tab that is labeled Advanced. Click on Environment Variables. Scroll down in the window 'System Variables' until you see 'Path'. The path needs to be like the one below...
%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
your awsomeness!!!!!!

#8 Signman

Signman

Advanced Member

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 06:02 PM

Glad that fixed your problem! :rocks:

#9 Ghieman

Ghieman

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 05:40 PM

(On XP) Right click My Computer -> Properties. Click on the tab that is labeled Advanced. Click on Environment Variables. Scroll down in the window 'System Variables' until you see 'Path'. The path needs to be like the one below...

Thanks, this post helped me out as well. Had the same problem.

My path looked like this:
%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;D:\Program Files\Common
Files\GTK\2.0\bin;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\;D:\Program Files\Videocharge Software\Watermark Master

Looks like quite a few programs had make changes here. Maybe the last one corrupted something. I don't know.

Anyway I cut and pasted Signmans path and my IPCONFIG command started working again. Bravo!

#10 josh906

josh906

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 01:43 PM

I'm having the same problem where the ipconfig command doesn't work... yes i've used spaces all that stuff and i've tried changing the path i've deleted the other one and copy and pasted what you said it should be still nothing i have absolutely no clue what it could be. i've looked through like 10 forums and many webpages and have still yet to get an answer... most annoying thing is (Completely Brand New Computer) got it like 1 week ago it runs on XP by the way Vista sucks... anywhoo can anyone help me?

#11 Joe C

Joe C

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 18,957 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 02:50 PM

http://www.geekstogo...ork-t93478.html

#12 hajjid

hajjid

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 10:35 AM

Genious it works!!!!! I am so thankful, Last week I tried to install Watermark Master and I can see it the entry in the registery, that's what fu...d up the whole think

thanks

QUOTE(Signman @ 8:08am Sat Nov 17 2007)  

Thanks, this post helped me out as well. Had the same problem.

My path looked like this:
%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;D:\Program Files\Common
Files\GTK\2.0\bin;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\;D:\Program Files\Videocharge Software\Watermark Master

Looks like quite a few programs had make changes here. Maybe the last one corrupted something. I don't know.

Anyway I cut and pasted Signmans path and my IPCONFIG command started working again. Bravo!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users