Unable to load flash player

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Swab Jock

Swab Jock

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:47 PM

My computer is a Dell Demension 5150 E510 OS Windows X/P Media Center Edition I've had this problem before but somewhat different than I'm having now, and I must add it was solved by none other than you good people here in this form. However, I'm back to square one, so I'm asking for your help again to tell me where I've screwed up. When I say screwed up, I must of had, because it was working ok about two weeks ago. Anyway, when I try to down load the Adobe Flash Player it goes through the motion as if everything is working fine. I get the yellow bar that ast me to install active X control. I click on it and I get the box with the big F and the little bar at the bottom as if it is down loading. But, after about ten seconds it shut off and it doesn't tell me why. Also, at times when I'm surfing the net a dialog box will popup asking me if I want to install the Adobe Flash Player. I click on install and nothing happens. It has become very frustrating. I certainly hope someone can tell me where I have gone wrong.

#2 mme

mme

HOMELAND SECURITY. Fighting Terrorism Since 1492

• Advanced Member
  • 6,795 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 11:09 PM

try to download adobe flash player 9 from here

Flashplayer

Edited by mme, 21 August 2007 - 11:10 PM.

#3 Swab Jock

Swab Jock

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:41 PM

MME It didnít help, but I certainly appreciate your effort by trying to help me anyway. Thanks,

#4 IntelGuy

IntelGuy

Yeah, it's pretty, but can it go fast?

• Admins
  • 20,077 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:43 PM

:wp:

Run the Flash uninstaller from here first:

http://kb.adobe.com/...rnalId=tn_14157

Then do a reinstall of the Flash player.

... avoid foolish controversies and ... strife and disputes ..., for they are unprofitable and worthless. Titus 3:9 NASB

#5 Swab Jock

Swab Jock

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 08:43 PM

Intelguy I followed your instructions and uninstalled flash. Then I tried to reinstall it, but nothing has changed. It went through the motion but at the last second it shut down. And then a dialog box popped up asking me if I want to install flash. I click install and itís the same old thing all over again, until it just quits and wonít let me try at all. Btw, flash is installed in my add and remove programs.

#6 mme

mme

HOMELAND SECURITY. Fighting Terrorism Since 1492

• Advanced Member
  • 6,795 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 12:38 AM

how are you getting flash player install is it on a site does it just pop up and what version of flash player do you have Flash Player 9 is the latest

#7 IntelGuy

IntelGuy

• Admins
  • 20,077 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 01:50 AM

Intelguy

I followed your instructions and uninstalled flash. Then I tried to reinstall it, but nothing has changed. It went through the motion but at the last second it shut down. And then a dialog box popped up asking me if I want to install flash. I click install and itís the same old thing all over again, until it just quits and wonít let me try at all.
Btw, flash is installed in my add and remove programs.

Did you use the uninstall tool from the link I posted or the Add/Remove entry to uninstall Flash? If you used the Add/Remove entry, try it again using the uninstaller from the Adobe link.

... avoid foolish controversies and ... strife and disputes ..., for they are unprofitable and worthless. Titus 3:9 NASB

#8 Swab Jock

Swab Jock

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 09:23 PM

how are you getting flash player install
is it on a site
does it just pop up
and what version of flash player do you have

Flash Player 9 is the latest

MME

I used the link that you posted

#9 Swab Jock

Swab Jock

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 09:27 PM

Did you use the uninstall tool from the link I posted or the Add/Remove entry to uninstall Flash? If you used the Add/Remove entry, try it again using the uninstaller from the Adobe link.

Intelguy

I used the link that you posted to unstill flash.

It is working ok now, but it is probably only temporary because Iíve had this to happen before.

I think Iím having computer problems and it probably needs a good optimizing. According to the test, it needs a good cleaning to rid it of a lot of crap.

#10 scott38

scott38

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 729 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 08:08 PM

Here is a good cleaner for cleaning things up.........

http://ccleaner.com/

i use it a couple times a week, its also free.............scott.. ;)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 922---Mobo/Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H--Cpu/AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 3.8GHz/Ram: G. Skill--4GB'S DDR3 1600MHZ Rip Jaws@1372mhz
Gpu: XFX 5870@900/1300/Psu: OCZ Modxstream Pro 700 Modular Unit/Cooler--- Noctua NH-U12P SE2 120mm SSO CPU Cooler/ Hdd----2-Samsung Spinpoint F1 320gb
Audio--Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme

#11 IntelGuy

IntelGuy

• Admins
  • 20,077 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 01:16 AM

Intelguy

I used the link that you posted to unstill flash.

It is working ok now, but it is probably only temporary because Iíve had this to happen before.

I think Iím having computer problems and it probably needs a good optimizing. According to the test, it needs a good cleaning to rid it of a lot of crap.

That could be, but the Flash player seems to be having some problems as well, of late. Mine breaks so often that I keep the uninstaller on my desktop.

#12 Swab Jock

Swab Jock

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 10:12 PM

Here is a good cleaner for cleaning things up.........

http://ccleaner.com/

i use it a couple times a week, its also free.............scott.. ;)

Thanks Scott38, Iíll give it a try as soon as I work up the nerve to do it. Iím kind of wary of freeware that fools around with my computers registry. ButÖif you have used it, it must be ok.

Thanks again

#13 scott38

scott38

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 729 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 11:28 PM

hello swab jock, heres a link w/info to run the reg. cleaner........

http://forums.pcpits...howtopic=119336

if something should happen where your system isnt running right

just go into your documents ,right click on the back-up file, select merge,a window will pop up

asking you if you want to add info back into registry,select yes and your done........

i do this like once a month......after 1 month i will delete the back-up and just do the same

steps agian...........scott.......... ;)

Edited by scott38, 27 August 2007 - 03:45 PM.

Case: Cooler Master HAF 922---Mobo/Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H--Cpu/AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 3.8GHz/Ram: G. Skill--4GB'S DDR3 1600MHZ Rip Jaws@1372mhz
Gpu: XFX 5870@900/1300/Psu: OCZ Modxstream Pro 700 Modular Unit/Cooler--- Noctua NH-U12P SE2 120mm SSO CPU Cooler/ Hdd----2-Samsung Spinpoint F1 320gb

#14 Swab Jock

Swab Jock

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 09:15 PM

hello swab jock, heres a link w/info to run the reg. cleaner........

http://forums.pcpits...howtopic=119336

if something should happen where your system isnt running right

just go into your documents ,right click on the back-up file, select merge,a window will pop up

asking you if you want to add info back into registry,select yes and your done........

i do this like once a month......after 1 month i will delete the back-up and just do the same

steps agian...........scott.......... ;)

Scott, I did it and everything seems to be working fine. Thanks for the link

#15 scott38

scott38

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 729 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 09:28 PM

Scott, I did it and everything seems to be working fine. Thanks for the link

good to hear...........scott :b33r:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users