SDfix

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 birdstheword

birdstheword

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 11:12 PM

Can anyone tell me about a program called SDfix and if they had good luck using it?

#2 Wademan

Wademan

Advanced Member

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 12:40 AM

Are you now trying to clean up the rest of your pc yourself? I mean from this thread> http://forums.pcpits...howtopic=141396 Aaflac is helping you, I suggest, highly suggest, you stick with her guidance. As for sdfix it is a powerfull tool to help clean up pc's infected with malware , unless you are trained in how to use it, I suggest you do not. You could mess up your pc even worse..I suggest you continue with Aaflac's help.

Edited by Wademan, 17 May 2007 - 12:41 AM.

#3 birdstheword

birdstheword

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 01:03 AM

Are you now trying to clean up the rest of your pc yourself? I mean from this thread> http://forums.pcpits...howtopic=141396 Aaflac is helping you, I suggest, highly suggest, you stick with her guidance. As for sdfix it is a powerfull tool to help clean up pc's infected with malware , unless you are trained in how to use it, I suggest you do not. You could mess up your pc even worse..I suggest you continue with Aaflac's help.

Was only asking for information about the program and I did reply about getting help with my problem,,, I don't take the first or second advice I get from forum help sites, I like to review all the advice that is given before I take further steps in cleaning up my PC. AS I've been reading seems I read many different solutions that are given and have yet to see any problem just as mine totally resolved. So I've asked a friend that is well qualified to help me personally as I do find it difficuilt at times to follow instructions via web. Especially when I'm using an old Pc right now to research my problem because the other one is so bad I can barely surf the web. I was told about the program SDfix and wanted to know more about it and its success rate, so if you could pass that along to me I would really appreciate that! TY! :)

#4 Juliet

Juliet

Advanced Member

• Trusted Malware Techs
  • 22,104 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 06:30 AM

Hi

Your log is being handled by Aaflac who is very good with Malware removal.

Her suggestions were to use these tools and post the log results
SuperAntiSpyware
ComboFix

And to also have a suspicious file on your computer scanned at Virus Total

C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\lsasrv.exe

If your logs indicate that you need another tool such as SDFix, she would suggest this.
Please do not PM me for HJT help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

MS - MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2014

#5 Wademan

Wademan

Advanced Member

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 03:59 PM

Good job Juliet, why didn't I think of all that.. :rolleyes: :P Oh an thanks for agreeing with me.. :P

Edited by Wademan, 17 May 2007 - 03:59 PM.

#6 PORTHOS

PORTHOS

Format and be done with it already

• Advanced Member
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 09:39 AM

Was only asking for information about the program and I did reply about getting help with my problem,,, I don't take the first or second advice I get from forum help sites, I like to review all the advice that is given before I take further steps in cleaning up my PC.

On trustworthy forums like this one The TRUSTED HJT Advisors have been through MANDATORY extensive training before being able to assist you.
That section is OFF LIMITS to just any Joe trying to help.
Quite a few are Microsoft MVP's in the field of software and security.

The are a dedicated group of people that lead the the fight against malware and they do it for free because the enjoy helping others.

With HJT you not only have the one advisor but you have an ARMY of PROS at their disposal you never see backing them up at all times. Many take their time writing the different software fixes themselvs at no charge to anyone.
Programs like SDfix, smitfraudfix and combofix are these such tools and should not be used with out the EXPERT help given to you by the TRAINED HJT Advisors.

Now back to this

I don't take the first or second advice I get from forum help sites

That is a true and good policy to follow in all other areas of any fourm.

#7 hereforhelp

hereforhelp

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 08:56 PM

Was only asking for information about the program and I did reply about getting help with my problem,,, I don't take the first or second advice I get from forum help sites, I like to review all the advice that is given before I take further steps in cleaning up my PC. AS I've been reading seems I read many different solutions that are given and have yet to see any problem just as mine totally resolved. So I've asked a friend that is well qualified to help me personally as I do find it difficuilt at times to follow instructions via web. Especially when I'm using an old Pc right now to research my problem because the other one is so bad I can barely surf the web. I was told about the program SDfix and wanted to know more about it and its success rate, so if you could pass that along to me I would really appreciate that! TY! :)

I was reading this forum for the first time from a search from an issue and came across this and the related link from this "birdstheword" yahoo!! I was obligated to sign up as a member simply to respond to this moron. Hey Bird, you have a lot of gall (or gull I suppose in your case), coming on and asking for "free expert advice" and then wasting forum space, and my time reading your multiple posts asking for 2nd and 3rd opinions!! I got an idea for you and only you, disconnect your computer, walk it into Best Buy and pay them $100 an hour for your multiple opinions! These nice experts are here to help you (unfortunately, me and everyone else simply for the asking) and you got the whatever it takes to multi post and waste all of their valuable time to all respond in detail to "YOUR" problems, and then waste my time reading your multiple posted problems while I am attempting, along with many others to get to the bottom of ours.

Do this, have your friend fix your computer. This is highly offensive to me. These experts are waaayyyy to kind in their response with patience. I would have tossed you and removed from ever coming back.

When you ask for free advice, and someone is nice enough to take a lot of their time, and expertise and reply in detail, 1. take it and use it to your advantage, or 2. leave and don't ask for their free advice. No, you don't get to run it past every expert on the site and waste all of their time (while they are not able to answer my issues and others while 10 of them check on your crap!) cause you want to check, double and triple check what your "own personal expert" took a lot of time to analyze for you and type out a very good and detailed response!

What a moron you are! Go get your 2nd and 3rd opinion at $100 an hour at a computer shop and quite sneaking around asking the same question at a bunch of different forums and trying to make 10 of these very generous experts on this site have to answer your problems in detail individually, simply for your need to get 2nd and 3rd opinions!!!! That's rude, selfish and frankly :filtered: me off! They were waaayyyy to kind in their responses trying to explain this very nicely to you, but I wasted my time (not nearly as valuable as these administrators) reading your junk multiple times while you repost the same damn issue "after being given your answer!!" Get a grip and go away!!!

#8 Jacee

Jacee

Madam Admin <aka> Maude

• Admins
  • 27,748 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 11:27 PM

Our Trusted HJT Advisors are hand picked by me. I coach (teach) HJT at Bleeping Computer.com and I'm the Administrator Teacher at WhatTheTech.com (formerly Tom Coyote)

SDfix is advised to get rid of "bots" that have taken over your machine. It's your call to follow through with the instructions provided, or possibly wipe and reformat. We volunteer our services....no one is forcing you to do anything against your will or without your knowledge here.

Jacee - PC Pitstop Administrator

MS - MVP Consumer Security 2006 thru 2014

#9 millimetre

millimetre

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 03:08 PM

To Hereforhelp:

I was reading this forum for the first time from a search from an issue and came across this and the related link from this "birdstheword" yahoo!! I was obligated to sign up as a member simply to respond to this moron.

<snip>

Get a grip and go away!!!

1. Your rant takes up more space than the rest of this thread.

2. The advice givers here may be true mvp's but having not met them personally, a moderate level of skepticism is tolerable.

3. O.P. was not offensive nor long winded, they simply wanted to seek multiple opinions. If you poked yourself in the eye and your doctor said they had to amputate your leg, would you sign the waiver or first seek a second opinion?

4. If you actually registered an account to rant at someone with a legitimate issue, then IMHO, you are the one who needs to get a grip.

Millimetre
MCP Windows Desktop, A+, CCNA Wannabe.

Edited by millimetre, 14 October 2007 - 03:09 PM.

#10 kd5

kd5

Format Junky and

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 15,016 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 07:34 AM

I was reading this forum for the first time from a search from an issue and came across this and the related link from this "birdstheword" yahoo!! I was obligated to sign up as a member simply to respond to this moron. Hey Bird, you have a lot of gall (or gull I suppose in your case), coming on and asking for "free expert advice" and then wasting forum space, and my time reading your multiple posts asking for 2nd and 3rd opinions!! I got an idea for you and only you, disconnect your computer, walk it into Best Buy and pay them $100 an hour for your multiple opinions! These nice experts are here to help you (unfortunately, me and everyone else simply for the asking) and you got the whatever it takes to multi post and waste all of their valuable time to all respond in detail to "YOUR" problems, and then waste my time reading your multiple posted problems while I am attempting, along with many others to get to the bottom of ours.

Do this, have your friend fix your computer. This is highly offensive to me. These experts are waaayyyy to kind in their response with patience. I would have tossed you and removed from ever coming back.

When you ask for free advice, and someone is nice enough to take a lot of their time, and expertise and reply in detail, 1. take it and use it to your advantage, or 2. leave and don't ask for their free advice. No, you don't get to run it past every expert on the site and waste all of their time (while they are not able to answer my issues and others while 10 of them check on your crap!) cause you want to check, double and triple check what your "own personal expert" took a lot of time to analyze for you and type out a very good and detailed response!

What a moron you are! Go get your 2nd and 3rd opinion at $100 an hour at a computer shop and quite sneaking around asking the same question at a bunch of different forums and trying to make 10 of these very generous experts on this site have to answer your problems in detail individually, simply for your need to get 2nd and 3rd opinions!!!! That's rude, selfish and frankly :filtered: me off! They were waaayyyy to kind in their responses trying to explain this very nicely to you, but I wasted my time (not nearly as valuable as these administrators) reading your junk multiple times while you repost the same damn issue "after being given your answer!!" Get a grip and go away!!!

I can't believe you joined our forums just to not only be nasty to someone who is asking for help, but to break our rules in the process. For a first post, you get this from me... :tdn: .....and a vacation. If you have any issues with that, PM an administrator.

Read the rules:

1) Inappropriate content will be removed without notice. Do not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, racist, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws. Please use good judgement when choosing user names, avatars, or images to post, and do not attempt to bypass the word filter. It is there for a reason.

2) Personal attacks, rudeness, flaming, baiting, insults to others, or arguments will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Any member who threatens anyone on the forum, via PM, instant messengers, or Email, will be banned immediately without notice.

By becoming a member you agree to adhere to these guidelines. These guidelines are subject to change and a current version is always available in the forums. Members that violate these rules may be suspended or banned.

Have a nice day... :) -kd5-
Time is the fire in which we burn. (Soran)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users