• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dan_chan

dan_chan

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 854 posts

Posted 14 June 2003 - 11:46 AM

is it ok to delete files in... C:\DOCUME~1\Anz@Home\LOCALS~1\Temp\ obviously it wont work for u but its a Temp folder and i have 700mb of crap in there. im wondering if it is safe to delete it. so is it?

#2 kd5

kd5

Format Junky and

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 15,014 posts

Posted 14 June 2003 - 11:51 AM

Under normal circumstances, it's safe to remove any temp files, but I won't swear to it in your particular situation as I have no idea what that folder is referring to. :huh: -kd5-
Time is the fire in which we burn. (Soran)

#3 patricko

patricko

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 831 posts

Posted 14 June 2003 - 11:55 AM

What I would do is re-boot first just to clear and ambient programs that are laying around the Ya delete all them files you don't want

#4 Bear

Bear

Mentally Deficient, Morally Corrupt & Socially Unfit NiceGuy

• Advanced Member
  • 12,787 posts

Posted 14 June 2003 - 11:56 AM

Um is this related to on line banking? if it is I would call and ask before I deleted anything 700 mb is a lot in a temp folder are there any exe,ini,bat or other such type files in the temp?
Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.
George Carlin

Coming Soon My Own Live Streaming Radio Station

#5 dan_chan

dan_chan

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 854 posts

Posted 14 June 2003 - 12:02 PM

this computer is from ANZ (which is a banking thing) but it is my private computer its not second hand or anything its just bought through ANZ with the computer with XP installed and nothing else. And i think the reason is for the huge amount in the folder is i downloaded a Graphics test which was 666MB which copyed itself into that folder, but theres bout 100 files and i dont know which 1s to delete. there are folders like the cookies folder but if i delete them will 1 be created again? if they do then i guess its safe to delete them all... oh and by the way thanx for the such quick responce :lol:

#6 Bear

Bear

Mentally Deficient, Morally Corrupt & Socially Unfit NiceGuy

• Advanced Member
  • 12,787 posts

Posted 14 June 2003 - 12:14 PM

Ok if that is the case then I would say yes you can delete them I would first make a copy call it something different then delete the original files. reboot and make sure everything is working as it should if not just replace the copy to the original location and re-name it to the original name. Just so you know if you did not You can select where ever you want a d/l to go as well as where you want something installed. What I do is I create a folder I call it test and install the program to the same folder that way if after checking the d/l out and I find I really don't want it, it is easy to remove no searching :mrgreen: edit: If deleting the files messes things up use system restore

Edited by Silly'ol Bear, 14 June 2003 - 12:16 PM.

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.
George Carlin

Coming Soon My Own Live Streaming Radio Station

#7 dan_chan

dan_chan

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 854 posts

Posted 14 June 2003 - 12:24 PM

yea... i know u could choose the folder but i just bashed enter as usual :lol: ok thanx for the help im gonna go delete them, ive done a system restore thing aswell so i should be ok....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users