USB - MP3 Problems (Help)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Zorce

Zorce

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 12:49 AM

I have looked all over the net for some answers but none can be found so I figured one of you guys might know. I got a Samsung YP-U2J MP3 player for Christmas. It came with a cd but not really a driver. The cd included Windows Media Player 10 and Service Pack 1 which were the requirements. My USBs work. They always have. When I plug the device in the device its self says connected and charging so it gets power. The problem is it will show a new device for about 3 seconds then its gone. I have windows xp pro sp2. I upgraded to sp2 and even WMP 11 to see if there was any change. none. The device manager does not see it and neither does My Computer. After doing some research for hours on the internet it seems there are alot of people having the same problem but can find no solutions. Even with different MP3 players the same problem comes up. The MP3 player is of course USB 2.0 and my pc has the older USB's but it shouldnt make any difference. Just transfer speed. Why is Windows refusing to read these devices? Does the same on a scandisk MP3 player so I know it has to be on the computer end. I have uninstalled the usb drivers and had them reinstall on reboot with no luck. Samsung tech support were pretty useless. One hung up on me and the other just plain said he didnt know. Any help would be greatly appreciated . -Zorce

Edited by Zorce, 26 December 2006 - 10:57 AM.

#2 IntelGuy

IntelGuy

Yeah, it's pretty, but can it go fast?

• Admins
  • 20,230 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 04:13 AM

Moving to User to User Help.

... avoid foolish controversies and ... strife and disputes ..., for they are unprofitable and worthless. Titus 3:9 NASB

#3 Jennym

Jennym

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 05:52 AM

Zorce, I feel for you and I hope someone can help you like they helped me yesterday when I had a similar problem. I also was using USB ports that I knew worked with other devices. Finally I came here and Brandon gave me a link to another forum that solved my problem (I'm no good at linking posts etc, but if you search for my posts yesterday you will find the thread). My problem was that the USB ports on the front of my machine did not recognise the player (also a Samsung). As soon as I put it into one of the ports at the back of the machine it worked perfectly. This may not resolve your problem, but it's worth a try. Whatever the result, post back so the others know if the problem is resolved or not.

#4 allen41547

allen41547

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 07:43 AM

usb should be plug and play, ive had times with mp3 players i didnt get it plugged in well and it didnt recognise it, try leaving puter at desktop and plugging it in the back usb ports, perferably one you know works, if that dont work and you have an older motherboard it might not have the usb drivers installed properly, you can go into device manager and find the universal seral bus controllers and click the + beside them to expand them, on each one you need to right click and update driver, just click next,next,etc and let windows piut updated driver in.

#5 Zorce

Zorce

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 10:56 AM

usb should be plug and play, ive had times with mp3 players i didnt get it plugged in well and it didnt recognise it, try leaving puter at desktop and plugging it in the back usb ports, perferably one you know works, if that dont work and you have an older motherboard it might not have the usb drivers installed properly, you can go into device manager and find the universal seral bus controllers and click the + beside them to expand them, on each one you need to right click and update driver, just click next,next,etc and let windows piut updated driver in.

Thanks for the replies. I have my mouse plugged into the back usb and I unplugged it and plugged in the mp3 player. Still get the same result. The unit charges but windows does not read the unit as plugged in. I also already did the update solution in device manager with no different results. Still get the same problem.

#6 David Hoffman

David Hoffman

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 704 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 05:47 PM

try going to the supplier and see what they have to say ..ironic though that jennym had the same prob with the same brand sounds like it may be a glitch with samsung
Hope My Input helps

#7 Zorce

Zorce

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 01:27 AM

try going to the supplier and see what they have to say ..ironic though that jennym had the same prob with the same brand sounds like it may be a glitch with samsung

Yeah went on and on with Samsung today. Their tech support, when I could get through to them told me they were getting tons of calls about the product. They didnt have an answer for it so I ended up taking it back to Best Buy and got a SanDisk Sansa mp3 player. It was the same price but not as cool looking as the Samsung. The Samsung looked like a flash drive. Its too bad Samsung didnt find this issue sooner I think it will cost them alot of returns in the long run. The Sansa works no problem. Thanks for the help guys. Sorry I didnt post in the right section the first time. I will watch for that in the future. Have a Happy New Year.

#8 David Hoffman

David Hoffman

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 704 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 03:19 AM

Yeah went on and on with Samsung today. Their tech support, when I could get through to them told me they were getting tons of calls about the product. They didnt have an answer for it so I ended up taking it back to Best Buy and got a SanDisk Sansa mp3 player. It was the same price but not as cool looking as the Samsung. The Samsung looked like a flash drive. Its too bad Samsung didnt find this issue sooner I think it will cost them alot of returns in the long run. The Sansa works no problem. Thanks for the help guys. Sorry I didnt post in the right section the first time. I will watch for that in the future. Have a Happy New Year.

Well Zorce looks ain't everything at least you have a player that works better than a great looking lump of metalic plastic that doesn't do anything

Edited by David Hoffman, 27 December 2006 - 03:20 AM.

Hope My Input helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users