• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 djrpok

djrpok

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 02:49 PM

http://www.pcpitstop...U3APW0WL9JSJRHC

My computer runs very slow. All to frequently the CPU is at 100% even with no applications.
I originally thought that it was a spyware problem. I went to Malwareremoval.com and went through all of their help. There was not a malware problem. They thought that possibly it was a failing HD. I replaced the 30G with a new 80G. That barely helped.
They referred me to pcpitstop, so here I am.
I have purchased and used pcpitstop Optimize. It helped a little.
Before the tests started, the following notice appeared:
16 bit MS-DOS substation
C:\windows\system32\pcpbios.exe
C:\program1\symantec\S32EVNT1.dll an installable virtual device driver failed dll initialization. Choose 'close' to terminate the application.
I did that.
I hope you can help me to find what is causing the problem. :pullhair:

#2 XRogerX

XRogerX

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 03:03 PM

try closing some of these programs down from running in the background Sun Java Update Sun Microsystems, Inc. C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_08\bin\jusched.exe Trend Micro Personal Firewall Trend Micro Inc. C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\TmPfw.exe GoogleWeb Accelerator C:\Program Files\Google\Web Accelerator\GoogleWebAccWarden.exe Google\Web Accelerator C:\Program Files\Google\Web Accelerator\googlewebaccclient.exe MSN Messenger Microsoft Corporation C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe Netgear Wireless Configuration Module C:\Program Files\NETGEAR\WG511SCU\Utility\Gear511.exe SpySweeperUI.exe Webroot Software, Inc. C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeperUI.exe guard.exe Anti-Malware Development a.s. C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe BroadCom Wireless lan Broadcom Corporation C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcmwltry.exe Kodak File System Eastman Kodak Company C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\dcfssvc.exe Task Manager Microsoft Corporation C:\WINDOWS\system32\taskmgr.exe also try to defrag your hdd get the last video card drivers thats a start for now

#3 djrpok

djrpok

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 03:15 PM

http://www.pcpitstop...U3APW0WL9JSJRHC

My computer runs very slow. All to frequently the CPU is at 100% even with no applications.
I originally thought that it was a spyware problem. I went to Malwareremoval.com and went through all of their help. There was not a malware problem. They thought that possibly it was a failing HD. I replaced the 30G with a new 80G. That barely helped.
They referred me to pcpitstop, so here I am.
I have purchased and used pcpitstop Optimize. It helped a little.
Before the tests started, the following notice appeared:
16 bit MS-DOS substation
C:\windows\system32\pcpbios.exe
C:\program1\symantec\S32EVNT1.dll an installable virtual device driver failed dll initialization. Choose 'close' to terminate the application.
I did that.
I hope you can help me to find what is causing the problem. :pullhair:

#4 djrpok

djrpok

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 03:20 PM

Thank you for your very fast reply. In removing those items that you listed, do I go to Windows task manager and remove them there ? I recently defragged. Where does one get a new video card driver?

#5 mouse

mouse

Advanced Member

• The SWAT Team
  • 9,331 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 03:33 PM

XRodgerX your going to shut down the interent connection for that system with some of your suggestions. It appears that you have a built in network card and are also running a wireless network card a possible conflict. Your are running a firewall have you disabled XP's firewall which is on by default. Since this is a laptop when testing are you running on battery or electric? You have a cache overflow for IE since you've set it at zero and have 10mb in cache. Any program that auto updates is part of your CPU load which really should be sitting at zero. You'll have to tinker with those to see which one is the bad guy since you really don't need any of them at loading at start up. Your memory is showing a problem you might want to run memtest on it.

#6 XRogerX

XRogerX

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 03:38 PM

XRodgerX your going to shut down the interent connection for that system with some of your suggestions. It appears that you have a built in network card and are also running a wireless network card a possible conflict. Your are running a firewall have you disabled XP's firewall which is on by default. Since this is a laptop when testing are you running on battery or electric?
You have a cache overflow for IE since you've set it at zero and have 10mb in cache.
Any program that auto updates is part of your CPU load which really should be sitting at zero. You'll have to tinker with those to see which one is the bad guy since you really don't need any of them at loading at start up.

Your memory is showing a problem you might want to run memtest on it.

well im sure he know not to shut that down , and another thing i said some off them not all of them

#7 djrpok

djrpok

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 03:41 PM

I always have it plugged in. The computer is part of a wireless network. Should I disable XP firewall ? What is a memtest ( how does one do that ) ?

#8 mouse

mouse

Advanced Member

• The SWAT Team
  • 9,331 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 11:39 PM

If your running two firewalls you could have a conflict. Memtest is a program that you download and usually run from a floppy but should be able to run from a cd. It tests your memory outside of windows and can take hours to run but will show any problems with your memory.

#9 ineedhelpregularly21

ineedhelpregularly21

SFRECONLRRPOMFGD33LTA

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 2,994 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 12:25 AM

get the last video card drivers

:mrsgreen: Increase your Video RAM share to at least 64MB or possibly 128MB. Or try upgrading your hdd.

defrag your hdd at least once a week

close unneded programs

:tup:
MSDNAA member

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users