Monitor is kinda blurry help........

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 robunicu

robunicu

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 11:17 AM

for some reason since i installed my new OS windows xp pro. my monitor started to get kinda blurry, its like its not that clear. its not a :filtered: comp and i donno y it does that. has onboard videocard wich is an ati radeon express 200. any help would be apreciated.

#2 rickster

rickster

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 466 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 12:34 PM

check the resoultion and the refesh rate. right click on desktop>>properties and all this stuff is on those tabs.

#3 geewhiz

geewhiz

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 01:02 PM

If its an LCD monitor.... right click on desktop choose properties - appearances - effects check - 'use the following method to smooth edges of screen fonts' and select 'clear type' in the drop down menu
I am what I am and that's all that I am ~ famous American philosopher 1929 - present

#4 gizmofish

gizmofish

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 09:23 PM

If its an LCD monitor....

right click on desktop
choose properties - appearances - effects
check - 'use the following method to smooth edges of screen fonts' and select 'clear type' in the drop down menu

This is an important qustion in more ways than one.

As I understand it: LCD monitors don't like to be set at anything other than their native resolution. i.e. if your monitor manual says 1280 x 1024, that is the only res you can use, period. anything else causes aliasing issues that result in fuzzy or jaggy output. Check your monitor settings and insure that they conform to the specs of your particular monitor.

If you have a CRT monitor you'll need to check the many and varied settings such as refresh rate and color depth.

My comp began to get fuzzy and in the end it was the monitor. A new one solved the problem toot-sweet.

#5 robunicu

robunicu

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 10:24 PM

its an Emachines CRT monitor. and after 4 years its started to get fuzzy... like the letering is blurry. ill probably just get an 19" LCD monitor and get it over with. im just wondering maybe its software related and not hardware related.

#6 TomGL2

TomGL2

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 10:35 PM

Look on the back of the monitor for a small access hole labeled FOCUS.  The control beneath can be adjusted with a small plastic, aluminum, or other non-ferrous hex tool.

If no access hole is visible, then the rear of the monitor case must be removed in order to adjust the focus.  This is not a task for amateurs - lethal voltages are present - so take it to a shop (TV, not computer), which should take about 20 to 30 minutes to do the job.

#7 Jacee

Jacee

Madam Admin <aka> Maude

• Admins
  • 27,692 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 10:10 AM

Look on the back of the monitor for a small access hole labeled FOCUS.  The control beneath can be adjusted with a small plastic, aluminum, or other non-ferrous hex tool.

This is not a task for amateurs - lethal voltages are present -

I think I would skip this part of your suggestion! This involves physical safety and definitely NOT recommended :geezer:

MS - MVP Consumer Security 2006 thru 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users