ERRATIC SCREEN SCROLLING

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Darkmstf

Darkmstf

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 09:39 AM

In an attempt to get this actually typed up before my PC goes haywire again, I had to do this in wordpad and then copy/paste into this forum. My screen has been going erratic. I've got Spybot, McAfee, Spywareblaster, AdAware and CC cleaner installed on my pc and they don't come up with anything of note. I'm thinking I definitely must have a virus or something on my system. My PC scan doesn't show much of anything out of the ordinary. Right now I'm running SpySweeper (just installed) and see if that shows anything worse. This all started about 2 weeks ago after I opened an email with a "movie" attachment. Screen basically goes haywire... like the mouse takes over and scrolls up and down and wherever it wants -- not evenly either. Only way I can get it to stay "still" is if I right click and hold it there ... of course I can't go beyond what I'm doing then... but at least I can get the screen to stay still for a sec while I read or try to open a link. If I go to respond to an email, or like trying to post this message here, it will go BACK a screen and basically wipe out what I was replying to. I Had a "slight" reprieve last night after I completely manually deleted all cookies... but then it was back this morning. Only seems to occur online. And doesn't happen until I touch the mouse/scroll... give or take. I am not running wireless keyboard or mouse. All is hooked correctly to back of pc. All drivers installed and running correctly. I'll post the PC test results in the next post. HOPEFULLY.

#2 Darkmstf

Darkmstf

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 09:41 AM

Here is the test results... note since I ran this last night I fixed the "disabled" issue... didn't make a difference in what's going on for what that's worth. <g>

http://www.pcpitstop...9W1PW1QSXQSCXMQ

#3 Wademan

Wademan

Advanced Member

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 11:24 AM

hello dark,
Run some online av scans for us please. all Free> Panda> http://www.pandasoft...ucts/activescan an Bitdefender> http://www.bitdefend...luationVersion/ click on "scan online" lower left. Also get Ewido> http://www.ewido.net/en/download/ Update it after you download First, then select "complete Scan" Post back here what you find. If all 3 come up clean its not likely a virus. so do ALL 3 an tell us what you find. :)

Edited by Wademan, 27 May 2006 - 11:24 AM.

#4 Darkmstf

Darkmstf

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 09:41 PM

hello dark,
Run some online av scans for us please. all Free> Panda> http://www.pandasoft...ucts/activescan an Bitdefender> http://www.bitdefend...luationVersion/ click on "scan online" lower left. Also get Ewido> http://www.ewido.net/en/download/ Update it after you download First, then select "complete Scan" Post back here what you find. If all 3 come up clean its not likely a virus. so do ALL 3 an tell us what you find. :)

Wademan, thanks... did the scan with all 3 programs...and amazingly, even tho I haven't rebooted yet, I've not had the erratic screen problem since running the 3 scans you suggested. Anyway, here goes... below is what the results were... am going to reboot after I finish this post and PRAY my system is clean... HOPEFULLY. BTW WHY the heck doesn't ONE company have a program that picks up everything? It's a little of THIS one and a little of THAT one.... VERY FRUSTRATING!

EVIDO shows (and cleaned) "Downloader.ConHook.l", "Adware.Virtumonde", "Hijacker.generic", Trojan.puper.ac", Adware.BHO" and "Adware.Gdown":

Created on: 10:30:29 PM, 5/27/2006
+ Report-Checksum: EA81B780
+ Scan result:

HKU\S-1-5-21-4012054347-1821928853-1449318696-1007\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{00DBDAC8-4691-4797-8E6A-7C6AB89BC441} -> Downloader.ConHook.l : Cleaned with backup
HKU\S-1-5-21-4012054347-1821928853-1449318696-1007\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{6DD0BC06-4719-4BA3-BEBC-FBAE6A448152} -> Adware.Virtumonde : Cleaned with backup
HKU\S-1-5-21-4012054347-1821928853-1449318696-1007\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{D50BE162-D9B6-4008-B2FC-881326EC06EA} -> Hijacker.Generic : Cleaned with backup
HKU\S-1-5-21-4012054347-1821928853-1449318696-1007\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{E0103CD4-D1CE-411A-B75B-4FEC072867F4} -> Trojan.Puper.ac : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Lisa\My Documents\DOWNLOADS\backups\backup-20051203-221514-465.dll -> Adware.BHO : Cleaned with backup
C:\I386\GTDownDE_87.ocx -> Adware.Gdown : Cleaned with backup

:Report End

PANDA showed 3 ... but not sure that they're actually a problem or not -- mainly cos the Spyaxe ones are in my "downloads" folder which is a folder I made and usually stick downloads in "on purpose"... but doesn't mean that's always so as usually the pc "remembers" my last download place and goes there for next (if not an actual program set to go into "My Programs" instead) (if that made sense at all <g>). I *THINK* I had an issue with Spyaxe before and the programs that Panda picked up are the "fixes" for the malware.

Incident Status Location
Adware:adware/securityerror Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Lisa\Favorites\Antivirus Test Online.url
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/Processor Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Lisa\My Documents\DOWNLOADS\SpyAxeFix\SpyAxeFix\Process.exe
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/Processor Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Lisa\My Documents\DOWNLOADS\SpyAxeFix.zip SpyAxeFix/Process.exe]

Bitdefender found nothing.

LASTLY... right after I wrote my original post, I installed and ran Spysweeper -- and it picked up and cleaned the following -- BUT that didn't fix the erratic screen problem:

Adware: Security2K hijacker
Adware: Spyaxe fake alert
Spy cookie: Burstnet cookie
Spy cookie: Nextag cookie
Trojan: Trojan-backdoor-nochod

#5 Darkmstf

Darkmstf

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 11:03 PM

:beer: OH HAPPY DAYS!! SUCCESS AT LAST ... I THINK!!! I rebooted... and have successfully been able to not only read emails, but respond and also click on websites again! THANK, OH THANK YOU! You guys are the BESTEST here! I gotta say that anytime I have an issue with any computer PC Pitstop IS the place to go to... always have been able to help me fix the problem... MOST AWESOME!!! :clap: I have a STILL screen!!! No scrolling everywhich way, etc., etc. Now just wish I knew WHICH of those nasty things exactly caused the problem... but regardless just happy as a pig in :filtered: that it's GONE! :P

#6 Champion_Munch

Champion_Munch

Champion Member

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 5,582 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 12:30 AM

Glad things seem to be going well Dark. :)

BTW WHY the heck doesn't ONE company have a program that picks up everything? It's a little of THIS one and a little of THAT one.... VERY FRUSTRATING!

As hard as any company tries to update their definitions, it's just not possible for a single program to pick up everything, due to the sheer number of new threats being discovered every day. Which is why it is a good idea to use a couple of anti-spyware programs at once (you should only have one anti-virus running, but you can run as many online scans as you wish).

I would suggest you download HijackThis, save a scan log and post it in this forum. Read the pinned topics first, and then provide a link to this thread when you post. :)

with regards

#7 Darkmstf

Darkmstf

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 07:30 AM

Well I spoke too soon... All was FINE last night... this morning I turned on pc, went on line and whammo... erratic screen scrolling all over the place again. I'll go run Hijack and post. DAMN.

#8 Wademan

Wademan

Advanced Member

• Anti-Spyware Brigade
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 04:19 PM

Well I spoke too soon... All was FINE last night... this morning I turned on pc, went on line and whammo... erratic screen scrolling all over the place again. I'll go run Hijack and post. DAMN.

hello dark,
well you have spyaxe, it will require hjt an specific tool to remove, its a nasty bugger, but it can be destroyed/removed. You know where to post? its in the hjt forum, be patient though, could take 1-2 days before a hjt trusted advisor takes your case. you had several trojans that ewido got rid of, which is good but spyaxe needs hjt, an the specific tool, so post there, ill keep an eye on it. :adios:

Edited by Wademan, 28 May 2006 - 04:19 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users